• Select an Early Childhood book to read that was referenced in the text, received a Caldecott award for illustration, or was approved by your instructor.
• In a 1-2 page essay discuss:
• The book’s Genre, Dewey Decimal System Classification, and Book Format
• The book’s visual literacy by using the Visual Elements of Artistic Design: Space; line; shape; color; texture; scale; dimension; and composition
• The book’s Artistic Style, Media and Techniques
• Create a “What I See…Think…and Wonder” chart (https://images.app.goo.gl/cNvrg4DVuyjxHkYy7) and describe how you could use this tool in a classroom, homeschool, family, or other educational setting with children. Please actually complete this chart as a reader of the book.
• What creative project(s) could children do to integrate the book and visual arts in a classroom, homeschool, family, or other educational setting?
• Remember to provide an introductory and conclusion paragraph, cite your sources, include references, edit your work, and self-evaluate your paper using the rubric provided before submitting your assignment. You may use the essay template provided, but it is not required. Here is a link to OWL Purdue’s website that details how to cite electronic sources: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/reference_list_electronic_sources.html
You have to select an easy childhood book to read and analyze. The textbook will help you understand the facets of what makes an excellent early childhood texts then you apply those criteria to your selected book.
The early childhood book needs to be a book you would read to or with a young child.