(600 words), argue for or against this contention: In Junot Diaz’s 2012 short story “The Cheater’s Guide to Love,” Yunior is a great example of someone who is reluctantly learning to engage in self-reflection about the choices he makes, and by so doing, is on his way to developing great logos and ethos as a critical thinker, eschewing (avoiding) pathos. In the process, detail passages in the story in which Yunior succeeds or fails to practice these characteristics of a critical thinker:
• Controls biases and emotions.
• Distinguishes between fact and opinion.
• Harbors no preconceptions, maintaining an open mind.
• Researches all aspects of a topic before coming to a conclusion regarding the topic.
• Ponders all aspects of a situation carefully before reacting.
• Engages in self-reflection.
• Understands that appearance (how someone or something appears to be) and reality (how someone or something actually functions, or acts) can be different.